Charity Island Light Station Ca 1892. This is the earliest known photograph of the station.
It shows a considerably smaller structure than was standing in photographs taken in 1935.
While unconfirmed, it appears likely that the dwelling was enlarged in 1907 when the
light was changed from oil to acetylene-powered.
Photograph courtesy of the Arenac Historical Society
Appears with permission